AARP Foundation Experience Corps is an intergenerational volunteer-based tutoring program that is proven to help children who aren’t reading at grade level become great readers by the end of 3rd grade.
Our volunteers should have a desire to help children improve their reading literacy.
We’re looking for people who:
- Are at least 50 years of age
- Possess a high school diploma or GED
- Will agree to and pass a criminal background check
- Can participate in 25 hours of ongoing professional development
- Can serve at least 4 hours a week for the entire school year
Brookdale Elementary School
Porter Elementary School
Riley Elementary School
Sign Up Today
A Read United representative will be in touch within 1 business day to explain the next steps.